Worn more often than your go-to red lipstick, delicate gold necklace, even oversized frames, your daytime handbag will be by your side between the hours of 9 and 5, give or take, depending on whether you’re heading to your cube or class. Therefore, the bag—or pack, as you’ll see—that you choose to tote this season has to be versatile enough to take you from meetings to presentations to working lunches to casual Fridays, all the while flawlessly complimenting your OOTD. We found 10 surprisingly stylish and on-trend backpacks you’re going to love, and love using. We tested all 10 to make sure they’d fit an 11-inch MacBook Air, so you know these are as practical as they are pretty!
1. Stella McCartney Falabella Backpack. Made from non-leather, cruelty-free materials including recycled plastic bottles, these packs are part of Stella’s ongoing commitment to animal and eco friendly fashion. Vegan or not, fashion-lovers can agree these backpacks trimmed with chain-links (in an array of colors from blue camo to black fuzz) are statement making ways to carry your almond milk latte in one hand and bus pass in the other.
2. Mansur Gavriel Large Backpack. The first and last name in minimalist styling, Mansur Gavriel delivers clean lines and timeless design. Guaranteed to go with everything in your closet from A-line denim skirts to little white dresses, these backpacks will never wear out their welcome in your daytime style lineup.
3. Proenza Schouler PS1 Backpack. Multiple pockets for the essentials that demand to live at your fingertips compose the front of this classic carryall. We love when chic and practical pair up for a pulled together effect!
4. Tory Burch Thea Backpack. Sophisticated and refined, this black leather Tory’s got your back, girl! Gold-toned hardware and fringed tassels polish this ladylike hands free handbag.
5. Rebecca Minkoff Julian Backpack. Fringed or finished without, Becky’s Julian backpack is the epitome of effortlessly cool. Signature dog clip hardware dots this work to weekend essential.
6. Rag & Bone Grayson Backpack. Supple leather and printed calf hair (or other fun textiles) team up to update the bag that took you through your awkward formative years. This adult upgrade is anything but awkward and sure to save you from any hallway hang-ups.
7. Elizabeth and James Cynnie Backpack. Would MK+A Olsen steer you wrong? We think not. This bag is sure to turn heads and secure your place as The Fashion Forward One in class and at the office.
8. Alexander Wang Dumbo Backpack. These pebbled lambskin bags with studded bottoms are the chicest interpretation of the classic backpack you’ll find. Unassuming from a straight-on view, they pack a punch when you notice the classically Alexander rock-and-roll hardware base.
9. Tory Burch Pierson Backpack. Fuchsia trim adds a pop of color to this canvas knapsack. Sunny for summer, this style perks up any outfit, even before your morning caffeine fix.
10. 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Backpack. The classic 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli satchel is reimagined as a throw on and go backpack, complete with Phillip’s signature zippered side gussets. Brilliant!