Summer is the perfect time to invest in nude-colored essentials. Not only are they the ideal complement for your warm-weather wardrobe—they’re versatile enough to wear well into fall. Here are our top six picks!
1. Nude nail polish. It’s one of the most modern nail trends of the moment: opaque beige. Look closely and you’ll see it on all the fingers and toes of the models in the magazines right now. Whether they’re dressed in bold prints or monochromatic neutrals, nude nails are a universally chic finishing touch.
2. Nude sandals. Show off your pared-down pedicure with simple sandals in natural leather. Not glam enough for you? Try a neutral metallic shade. Or heels—always super sexy in an understated shade close to your skin tone.
3. Nude ankle boots. These are a summery option when you’re sick of sandals. We love the versatility of a natural-colored boot. Wear ‘em with simple skirts and shorts in summer for a dressier, sexier vibe. In fall, pair ‘em with tights and dresses or jeans and sweaters.
4. A nude handbag. It’s the perfect finish for any summer outfit. Light colors love a beige or camel-colored bag. You’re doing your warm-weather wardrobe a disservice if you’re still toting a black or brown carryall!
5. Nude lipstick. A creamy blush colored lipstick is so pretty with subdued summer makeup—like a swipe of mascara and touch of bronzer. It’s a great finish for a dramatic, smoky-eyed look, too—when you’re stepping out.
6. A tan trench. Think of the trench as the wear-with-anything layer in your wardrobe—come spring, summer, or fall. Look for one in a neutral beige shade for a classic pulled-together vibe wherever you’re headed.