Ok, so it’s no secret that sneakerheads have been stalking eBay for those one-of-a-kind, rarer than rare collectable kicks forever. Well this weekend in our nation’s fashion capital, NYC of course, we teamed up with shoe shoppers and cleat collectors to chat about our ‘What’s It Worth Tool,’ where you can search anything to see what it’s going for on eBay and discover our most popular items based on sales, watches, and views. Brought to you by eBay DataLabs, this uber useful trick displays price and quantity trends and shows you the range of dough you can expect for listing new and used super sick sneakers. You can also see what people like you have bought, are watching, and have viewed recently, so that you’ve got a pulse on the best times to list and invest on the things you love.
In the spirit of the approaching new year and looking back and reminiscing and appreciating how far we’ve come, and all that jazz, eBay DataLabs brings you both the Top 10 Most Valuable Sneakers and the Top 10 Most Popular Sneakers of 2016.
Top 10 Most Valuable Sneakers: (the most scarce styles)*
1. Adidas Yeezy 750 Grey (selling on average for $800+)
Top 10 Most Popular Sneakers: (based on quantity sold)*
1. Nike Roshe One (Nike was the #1 brand of sneakers bought on eBay in 2016)
4. Nike Jordan 4 Cement (the most popular Jordan sneaker sold on eBay during 2016)
And a few more fun facts for all you devotees:
The Most Expensive Sneakers Sold on eBay:
1. Once in a Lifetime Air Jordan Complete 1 – 30 Set sold for $240,100 through an eBay for Charity auction on February 14, 2016.**
2. Nike Mags sold for a total of $4.4 million with all the proceeds going towards the Michael J. Fox Foundation (this was a total of 1,500 pairs) in 2011.
Coming soon: more reports on what we saw at Sneaker Con, including sneaker galleries and sneakerhead profiles you won’t want to miss. Stay tuned!