Every Thanksgiving, each person in my family is responsible for making a dish for dinner. I look forward to trying a new recipe every year! I am usually responsible for dessert and this year I wanted to do something that was fun and interactive for all the kids. Here is a great DIY for Thanksgiving that everyone in the family can join in!
DIY Cookie Acorns, Two Ways
- Nutter Butter bites
- Belvita bites
- Baking chocolate
- Chocolate frosting
- Chocolate morsels
- Chocolate kisses
Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies:
1. Separate the Nutter Butter Bites in half (setting the non-frosted halves aside for recipe #2). Add a dollop of chocolate frosting onto the frosted side of the cookie—this frosting is your cookie “glue.”
2. Place a chocolate kiss onto the dollop of frosting.
3. Add a small dollop of frosting to the outer side of the Nutter Butter cookie.
4. Place a chocolate morsel onto the frosting.
Belvita Acorn Cookies:
1. Follow the instructions on the packaging to melt the baking chocolate.
2. Crush the leftover Nutter Butter Bites from the previous DIY into cookie crumbles.
3. Coat the tip of a Belvita Bite with melted chocolate.
4. Sprinkle Nutter Butter cookie crumbs on top of the melted chocolate, and let set.
Happy thanksgiving, everyone!