Today our guest blogger is Aimee Santos from Swellmayde, one of the best DIY style blogs we know.
With Valentine’s Day approaching, I have been receiving more and more questions about what to make a loved one. To me, nothing beats a handmade gift from the heart. Here, I teach you a very simple way to make a delicate heart ring, two ways, which are both perfect gifts for this special holiday.
DIY #1: Wire Heart Ring
– pen and paper
– cylindrical object (about the same width as your finger), ie: lip balm
1. Draw a small heart. This will be your guide for the size of your wire heart.
2. Cut a piece of wire about 4” long. Curve one end of the wire using the round nose pliers. Make it the same size as your drawn heart.
3. Again, using your drawn heart as your guide, create the point of the heart with the needle nose pliers.
4. Then, curve the other end of the wire to make the other half of the heart.
5. Cut excess wire.
6. Cut another piece of wire about 4” long. Create a small loop on one end using the round nose pliers, then loop the wire heart onto it. Close the loop with the needle nose pliers.
7. Wrap the wire around your cylinder (I used my lip balm). And repeat step 6. Cut excess wire.
DIY # 2: Chain Heart Ring
– wire heart from tutorial #1
– 2 small jump rings
1. Cut chain about 3/4″ the size of your finger.
2. Add a jump ring to the wire heart and attach the chain.
3. Add a second jump to the wire heart and attach the other end of the chain.