Our DIY blogger is Aimee Santos of Swellmayde, one of the best maker blogs we know.
Every Spring, my love for espadrilles returns. They are the quintessential spring shoe that pairs perfectly with everything in my closet, from flirty dresses to casual denim pieces. This season, I wanted give a pair of espadrilles a feminine touch, inspired by one of my favorite Valentino and Givenchy shoes. Can’t wait to wear these everyday!
1. Trace the front and side panels of the shoes to create templates.
2. Cut out the templates.
3. Lay the templates onto the lace, and cut out the lace around the template.
4. Add the adhesive around the edges of the front panel of the shoe, using a wooden chopstick.
5. Lay the front panel lace piece onto the adhesive.
6. Repeat step 4 and 5 for all panels of the shoes. Let them fully dry.