Our DIY blogger is Aimee Santos of Swellmayde, one of the best maker blogs we know.
If you were to look in my handbag at any moment, I always have a few small pouches that help keep me organized. They hold everything from my makeup essentials to my cellphone charger. I created this DIY pouch because it’s something everyone can use and it’s so easy to make. I love a pop of leopard for fall and chose a beautiful leopard fabric for this tutorial. Try making one in your favorite print, color, or stripe.
1. Draw a 8.5” x 5” rectangle on a piece of paper and cut out the rectangle. Then, tape the paper rectangle onto the back of your leather/vinyl. Cut around the paper rectangle.
2. Fold one side of your cut leather/vinyl up 3”. Sew the left and right sides of the fold.
3. Measure 1 ¼” below the edge at center, then poke a hole with the awl.
4. Screw the button stud into the hole.
5. Fold the flap down. Cut a small slit on the flap, slightly larger than the width of the button stud, just above where the button stud sits. Then, cut the corners of the flap into a curved shape.