While we are incredibly ready to put 2016 to bed and move forward in 2017, this year hasn’t been a total loss. We had an absolute blast being inspired by runways and street style to try some of the year’s boldest, most liberating, and downright fun fashion trends. We had the chance to show some skin, walk a mile in new shoes, and throw it back to the ‘90s with some styling tricks that just won’t quit. We’re taking a few minutes between eggnog-induced naps and last minute holiday shopping to look back at this year’s hottest fashion trends. Join us as we reminisce over the eight trends that took our closets by storm this year, and feel free to reference this conversation topic if things get a little, well, heated, at family dinner tables this winter. Are there any you’re hoping will stick around next season?
1. OTS Tops, SPF required.
2. Mules (any excuse to make a pedi appointment and get pumiced to perfection).
3. Bomber Jackets. Silk, pattered, printed, tiger-covered…pick your poison.
4. Deconstructed Denim (DIY girls’ nights y’all!).
5. Chokers, the selfie game game-changers.
6. Pink & Yellow, better together (millennial pink for the pros).
7. Slip Dresses, just add baby tee and Dr. Martens.
8. Combat Boots, red-carpet appropriate thanks to Monsieur Ghesquière.
To see more trends we love, click here.