We’ve come a long way since 1890 and the introduction of the first hair dryer in France. In fact, some of the available beauty gadgets have more tech than the new Apple Watch. It’s why beauty products and their efficiency have been the subject of many a magazine article.
The beauty industry, after all, is a $500 billion dollar a year business. We are always after the newest thing: the best eye cream, the easiest hair dryer, or the finest way to remove fuzz—anything really that helps us turn back the hands of time and strut our stuff with confidence. But don’t fall down the beauty rabbit hole and get stuck with a drawer full of unused tools. All you really need are a few key products to make it look like every night was full of beauty sleep.
Here are ten beauty gadgets and products that will have you feeling like a billion dollars without actually having to spend it.
1. Clarisonic. There’s a reason this sonic skin cleansing tool is the #1 system recommended by dermatologists. It cleanses skin and gives anti-aging results with its patented technology that leaves you feeling like you just had a salon-style facial.
2. Pedicure Perfect. Look outside. It’s just about time to pull those sandals from the back of your closet. And if you need to remove calluses or any other unsightly foot fouls, the Amopé is like a power tool for your tootsies.
3. Hair Remover. As temperatures start to climb, so does your awareness about body hair. Everyone has it, and some of us like to remove it. No big deal. The Tria is the only FDA approved at-home laser removal system that uses the same diode-laser technology as you would find at the dermatologist’s office.
4. Hair Dryer. Though you might have wished night after night to have the kind of wash-and-go hair that supermodels seem sport effortlessly, most of us have had to learn to tussle with a hair dryer. So take it from the salon that specializes in blow outs, Dry Bar, and invest in their Buttercup Blow Dryer.
5. Curling Iron. Because sometimes you want Lorde-like curls, and other times you just need a little touch-up to tame a few unruly strands, it’s in your best interest to procure (procurl?) a curling iron that comes with multiple attachments. Like a three-part tourmaline curler that comes with three interchangeable barrels for all styling needs.
6. Hair Brush. Every girl deserves to be a party animal without looking like one. If frizzy, crazy hair is what you’ve been blessed with, you need a brush that is going to work with you, not against you. A flat boar and nylon bristle brush helps smooth the pesky frizz, especially right around your hairline.
7. Beautyblender. This little egg-shaped device is what you need to perfectly apply make-up—even if you aren’t on the Kardashian level of contouring. An edgeless, non-disposable, high-definition cosmetic sponge applicator that leaves you with professional looking makeup application.
8. Flat Iron. Another hair tool that’s a must-have in any beauty arsenal— even if you don’t bust it out very often. The GHD ceramic straightening tool makes any day a good hair day. And turns heads toward you and your silky smooth head of hair.
9. Face Roller. An inexpensive tool, a Jade Facial Roller is just one of the tricks of Chinese women. Jade has healing properties and it is said to de-puff the face and drain the body of toxins. Almost like a gym workout for your skin (that burns no calories, sorry).
10. Sunscreen. Last but not least, sunscreen is not a tool, but it is one of the most effective beauty products you can use. It not only moisturizes your skin, but blocking out the sun’s harmful rays will keep you looking so fresh, so young, and so beautiful.