Still trying to find the perfect present for Mom? Look no further than the suggestions below—10 ideas based on personality type. Because when you play to your mom’s interests, it’s easy to find the right gift!
1. Sun-Loving Mom. Whether she lives in the Sunshine State or is planning a balmy vacation, consider spoiling her with a pair of designer sunglasses. Even the prettiest pair has a practical purpose, so it’s an indulgence you can feel good about. Year after year, we love the ladylike pairs by Prada.
2. Luxury-Loving Mom. If your mom really enjoys material indulgences, a new handbag is always a good idea. Michael Kors makes a ton of mom-friendly totes and shoppers she’s sure to love. One tip: go for a color she doesn’t already have. For example, if she has a classic black quilted number, choose something in smooth caramel leather, or a white-on-white logo-embossed style.
3. Active Mom. If your mom is always on the move—or if you’re trying to set her on a healthy track—we suggest a sporty gift! Consider everything from pretty chrome weights to sleek at-home treadmill machines to pink boxing gloves. Treat yourself to something sporty, too, and everybody wins.
4. Earthy Mom. If your mom shops organic, composts, and generally minds her environmental footprint, she’ll love everything in our eco-friendly shop. Our top picks? We love the organic artisanal soaps and bath salts—but the organic cotton bathrobe is our biggest want!
5. Culinary Mom. If there’s one thing cooks love, it’s kitchen accoutrements! From Kitchenaid mixers to Cuisinart cookwear to DeLonghi gelato makers, we have ideas on how to complete your mom’s kitchen—for less, no less! Plus, we have all the cute colors.
6. Crafty Mom. If your mom loves to make and do with her hands—we have the most beautiful handspun yarns, small-run notebooks, and even indigo dye kits. She’ll be so touched that you were thoughtful enough to bring a lovely new project into her life.
7. Easy Peasy Mom. If your mom is all about simple pleasures, you can’t go wrong with flowers and chocolate. Send her a bouquet plus a little something extra on the side to make her feel spoiled on the big day. Just don’t forget to personalize your present with a special note written just for her.
8. Tech Savvy Mom. If your mom eats-and-sleeps her smartphone (like you do), keep an eye out for little techy accessories she may not have tried yet. She’ll love anything that optimizes her iPhone, like a cute-but-durable case or pop-color headphones.
9. New Mom. If this is her first Mother’s Day with an infant in tow, maybe mark the occasion with a pendent featuring baby’s birthstone. It’s a super thoughtful present that’s a smidge romantic—and incredibly sweet. She will wear it for years to come, we promise!
10. Charitable Mom. If it’s SO like your mom to always give and never take, why not make a charitable donation on her behalf? There are two ways to do this on eBay: you can either buy something that’ll benefit one of her favorite charities, or you can sell something to benefit that charity. Be sure to explain your gift in a card, so she understands the impact. Make it a homemade card, of course!