It’s Saturday morning and instead of planning grand adventures with your best pals, you’re reluctantly stuck indoors finishing up that paper. Let’s guess your typical dorm uniform… Probably your university sweatshirt (mom would be horrified to hear how many times you’ve washed it this quarter), a pair of jeans or leggings, and a couple of pieces from the usual suspects like Nike + Lululemon or Vans + Madewell. Are we right? We thought so. That’s why, to up your game ever so slightly, we’ve rounded up our top off-the-radar brands perfect for a little study sesh or some R&R.
1. Pam & Gela. It still surprises us that this California brand was founded by the same owners of Juicy Couture. Vastly different than their first venture, Pamela Skaist-Levy and Gela Nash-Taylor have created luxe essentials that are far from basic. You’ll find comfy knit fabrics with rebellious accents like studs, zippers, and cool dye patterns.
2. Outdoor Voices. The CEO and founder, Tyler Haney, is a hippie gal who was tired of wearing neon bright and harsh black activewear. So she created softer, neutral athletic and leisure apparel that was missing from her closet and the retail market. To say we are obsessed is an understatement.
3. GapFit. America’s favorite casual retailer is a go-to for basics but did you know they have a pretty nifty athletic section as well? Their fabrics have the same breathability and wicking properties as other recreational brands but with a more relaxed, casual aesthetic to double as leisure and sportswear.
4. Sol Sana. You know we love our slides. This Aussie brand from down under is a minimalist’s dreamy land of clean, structured lines and classic leather cuts. They take two seconds to put on and they’re the perfect sandals to polish off any casual look.
5. Superga. It’s hard to find a blogger who isn’t obsessed with this sneaker brand. The styles are classic with nautical Italian roots. Unlike sportier athletic brands, this one is a true loungewear shoe. No gym time or hiking dates with this pair. Bonus: Our favorite fashion twins (the Olsens, of course) are co-creative directors of Superga USA.
What did we miss? Clue us in to your favorite loungewear brands.