As a child you always gave your mom a handmade gift from the heart—a drawing, a clay figurine—and it meant the world to her. What could be better than reviving that tradition now that you’re a busy adult? Supplement your store-bought Mother’s Day gift with a handmade item. Think along the lines of a pair of diamond earrings along with a handmade jewelry dish. Even if your DIY present doesn’t turn out perfectly, it’ll mean so much to your mom, just like your childhood projects did. So, here are ten DIY gift ideas we love. Click on each title to see simple step-by-step instructions.
1. Rose-scented bath bombs. To go with a spa gift card.
2. A bouquet of paper flowers. To go with a gift-worthy vase.
3. A tassel keychain with charging cord. To go with the gift of a handbag.
4. A heart-shaped ring. To wear with a fine jewelry gift.
5. Tinted lip balms. To go with the gift of perfume.
6. A gilded jewelry dish. To go with earrings or a necklace.
7. A vanilla lavender sugar scrub. To go with the gift of a massage.
8. A roll-on fragrance, or two. To go with a new watch or wallet.
9. A marble cell case. To go with a new smartphone.
10. A scripted straw hat. To go with the gift of travel—maybe, a cruise somewhere!
To find all of the above gifts for Mom—from spa gift cards to cruises—visit our Mother’s Day Boutique.
To find more fun, giftable DIYs, click here.