Our DIY blogger is Aimee Santos of Swellmayde, one of the best maker blogs we know.
Shoes are my favorite accessory. For a night out, I love to wear a simple black dress and pair it with a statement shoe. Here I show you how to take a pair of heels and add a beautiful tulle bow. This DIY will take your shoes to the next level of sexy and feminine.
- 1 yard of black tulle
- measuring tape
- mini black hair clips
- e6000 adhesive
- black heels with an ankle strap
1. Cut an 8” wide strip of tulle across the full length of fabric (My fabric was 56” length). Then, cut a 1” x 8” tulle strip.
2. Refold the 8” wide strip into a 10” bundle (as photo’ed).
3. Scrunch the middle of the bundle.
4. Tie the middle of the bundle in place with the 1” strip. Add the hair clip to the middle of the bow. Add a dab of e6000 to keep the bow in place. Once dry, clip the bow onto the ankle strap of one of the heels. Repeat steps 1 – 4 for the 2nd bow.