Today our guest blogger is Aimee Santos from Swellmayde, one of the best DIY style blogs we know.
Mother’s Day is such a special holiday. If you are struggling to figure out to what gift your mom this year, try something handmade and personal. This bouquet of DIY crepe paper flowers is the perfect touch of pretty and feminine, to show how much you care.
1. Cut a 1 1/2 foot piece of the crepe streamer.
2. Fold the cut piece into a 2 ¼” roll.
3. Cut a curve at the top of the roll like the photo.
4. Unroll. Then, fold the the crepe paper piece in half, with the scallops staggered, as photoed.
5. Starting with the folded end. Then, wrap the flat side (uncut) around one end of the stem wire.
6. Cut a piece of floral tape around 8” long. After wrapping around twice, cover the wrapped crepe paper with floral tape.
7. Repeat step 5 and 6, until the entire crepe paper is wrapped around the stem wire. Then, fully secure the crepe flower by wrapping the remaining floral tape around the stem wire.