Our DIY blogger is Aimee Santos from Swellmayde, one of the best maker blogs we know.
I love the idea of updating items I already own to give them a personal touch. As I was rearranging my kitchen cabinets, I realized that I had a few ceramic plates that I had not used in quite a while. It gave me the idea to DIY them into trays for my vanity, which are perfect to store my jewelry, makeup and perfume. I went with a rose gold design against the white palette for a beautiful and chic look.
1. Thoroughly shake your adhesive pen. Then, draw a design on your plate. Try polka dots, stripes, or other geometric shapes. Let it dry for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Place a sheet of metal leaf onto the adhesive design and press firmly.
3. Continue pressing the metal leaf onto the plate until the adhesive design is covered with metal leaf.
4. Brush off the excess the metal leaf to reveal your drawn design.
5. Fill with cute jewelry and enjoy!