I remember during my college graduation, it was quite entertaining to see how each student personalized their graduation cap. So many of them were extremely fun and creative! With graduations just around the corner, I was inspired to come up with two different DIY’s to help any future grad stand out in a sea of black caps. Hope you enjoy!!
DIY Flower Crown Graduation Cap
- Graduation cap
- Faux flower vine
- Faux flower bundle
- Floral tape
- Optional: glue gun + glue gun glue sticks
1. Wrap the flower vine into a circle. Make sure the circumference is the same size as your head. You want the flower crown to rest comfortably on your head.
2. Once you get the size right, wrap the flower vine around a second time.
3. Trim any excess length off the flower vine, then wrap the ends with floral tape to secure them in place. (Note that stretching the floral tape exposes the stickiness which helps.)
4. Wrap the floral tape in 2 other places on the flower crown to keep it even more secure.
5. Remove a few of the leaves and flowers.
6. Replace with flowers from the second bundle to add a different color to your crown.
7. Continue adding flowers to give it a whimsical, colorful look. It is optional to glue the flower crown in place on your cap using the glue gun.
DIY Painted and Studded Graduation Cap
- Graduation cap
- Adhesive silkscreen (find one with a word or saying is fitting for a graduation)
- Paint brush or sponge brush
- Gold stud and rhintestone stickers
- Gold acrylic paint
1. Place the adhesive silkscreen on the top of the graduation cap.
2. Add a light coat of paint on top of the adhesive silkscreen.
3. Pull off adhesive, while paint is still wet.
4. Let paint fully dry, then begin decorating the rest of the graduation cap with the stud and rhinestone stickers.