Today our guest blogger is Aimee Santos from Swellmayde, one of the best DIY style blogs we know.
Halloween is just around the corner! It’s such a fun time of the year, and the perfect opportunity to get your DIY on. To celebrate this spooky holiday, I created two easy to follow nail tutorials to get into the Halloween spirit. Try these looks on one nail of each hand for a subtle, and pretty chic look or on all nails for a scarier feel.
– Black Nail Polish (I used Twilight Rays by Maybelline)
– Red Nail Polish (I used Red Carpet by Sally Hansen)
Spider Web Nail Art Steps:
1. Paint all your nails with two coats of black nail polish. Let fully dry.
2. With the So Easy Stripe Rite, carefully paint 3 lines as shown in the photo.
3. Then, starting at the top part of your nail, connect the lines with painted curved lines, as shown in the photo.
4. Continue painting the curved lines until you reach the bottom of the nail. Then, once the nail art is dry, apply clear topcoat.
Vampire Nail Art Steps:
1. Again, start by painting all your nails with two coats of black nail polish. Let fully dry. Then, with the So Easy Stripe Rite, paint triangles across the tip of your nail.
2. Mirror this look by painting triangles at the bottom edge of your nail.
3. Using the red nail polish, paint a thin strip across the bottom of the triangles at the top of your nail.
4. Carefully paint another thin red strip at the bottom of the nail, mirroring the top of the nail. Then, once the nail art is dry, apply clear topcoat.