I have been on a little health kick recently, and so have read a bunch about the health benefits of turmeric, known for its anti-inflammatory properties. I started testing out different recipes that incorporate this powerful spice, and I’m sharing my favorite with you today. Here’s how to make a turmeric drink that is soothing, delicious, and super good for you.
- 1 cup of almond, cashew or coconut milk
- 4 teaspoons of ground turmeric (or finely grated fresh turmeric)
- 2 teaspoons of coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- A pinch of sea salt
- Fine mesh sieve or nut bag
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
1. Add milk, turmeric, sugar, ginger, lemon juice, and salt into a bowl. Whisk together until sugar and salt dissolve.
2. Strain through a fine mesh sieve or nut bag into a measuring cup.
3. Fill your glass with ice. Pour strained liquid into the glass. Serve with a lemon wedge garnish.
For more DIY recipes, click here.