With the weather so beautiful in Los Angeles, I have been taking advantage of every opportunity to be outside and hang out by the pool. When my friends are visiting, I like to make refreshing cocktails that match perfectly with the gorgeous weather. My favorite recipe is for a Lychee Mojito. I love gin based cocktails and after trying a recipe of a gin mojito, I never looked back. Hope you enjoy!
Ingredients & utensils (serves 2):
- 4 fresh lychee
- 4 oz lychee juice (from can of lychee)
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 tsp sugar syrup (boil 1 cup of water, add 1 cup of sugar, dissolve and then cool.)
- 4 oz gin
- 5 basil leaves
- cocktail shaker
1. Cut the lime in quarters and add to the cocktail shaker. Also, add the palm sugar, fresh lychee, and basil.
2. Muddle with a muddler, crushing the sugar and basil and getting the juice out of the limes and lychee.
3. Add the sugar syrup, lychee juice and gin to the cocktail shaker.
4. Then, fill the cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a glass that is filled with crushed ice.