When fashion month was in full swing, I loved waking up every morning to see what all my favorite icons were wearing to the shows. This season, one detail that constantly kept popping up on my feed was metal ring details on handbags. Here, I show you how to easily update a bag with metal ring handles.
- 5 – 6” metal rings
- Seam ripper
- e6000 adhesive
1. Carefully remove the old handles on your bag using a seam ripper to undo one stitch at a time.
2. Cut the piece of leather into 4 strips measuring 1 inch x 4 inches.
3. Add e6000 adhesive to the back of two of the strips.
4. Lay the metal ring on the inside of the bag, where the handle should be. Then, glue the leather strips as shown. Let dry, then repeat steps 3 and 4 for the second handle.
5. Let both sides dry for 24 hours before use.
To see more fashion DIYs, click here.