With the holidays in full swing, I wanted to create a fun DIY that’s a perfect gift or stocking stuffer. I love hot cocoa with a touch of peppermint—especially this time of the year—and I couldn’t resist making these mini mixes in decorative tubes. Just pour into your favorite mug, add hot milk or water, and you have the the best, coziest, holiday drink around.
- cocoa mix: ¾ cup non-fat dry milk powder, ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, ¾ cup powdered sugar
- jet-puffed mallow bits
- mini chocolate chips
- test tubes with cork topper
- candy canes
- small metal funnel
1. Crush a few candy canes in a bowl.
2. Begin to layer the cocoa mix, milk powder, crushed candy cane, mallow bits, chocolate chips, and sprinkles into the test tube. Use the funnel to add the any powdered ingredient.
3. Continue layering ingredients until the test tube is filled. I like to add the powdered ingredients to about ½ the test tube, then fill to the top with varying combinations of the solid ingredients.
4. As a fun holiday touch, you can tie faux holly or pine and faux holly berries with a bow onto the test tubes. Please note that I suggest faux holly because real holly can be toxic if eaten.