Our DIY blogger is Aimee Santos of Swellmayde, one of the best maker blogs we know.
During this time of year, I can’t seem to leave the grocery store without throwing a couple cans of pumpkin puree in my cart. I get so excited to try new recipes in preparation for Thanksgiving. If you are thinking of making a pumpkin dessert this year, other than a classic pie, try these mini pumpkin tiramisu cups. They’re so easy to make and are perfect for any Thanksgiving gathering!!
For the ladyfinger layer:
-3 ounce package of ladyfinger cookies
-1 teaspoon instant espresso, dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water
For the pumpkin layer:
-2 cups whipping cream
-½ cup granulated sugar
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-8 ounces mascarpone cheese at room temperature
-1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
-1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
For the final topping:
-gingersnap cookies, crumbled
Recipe yields 10 individual servings.
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the whipping cream, vanilla extract and sugar together until light and stiff peaks form.
2. Scoop whipped cream into another bowl and set aside.
3. Lightly brush the lady fingers with the espresso until dampened on both sides. Be careful not to oversaturate or they will fall apart. Set aside.
4. Beat the mascarpone cheese using the stand mixer until softened and smooth. Add the pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice and mix well. Gently fold 2/3 whip cream mixture until totally incorporated.
5. Layer 1 soaked ladyfinger on the bottom of each glass. You will have to break them in half for them to fit. Generously spoon or pipe the pumpkin layer over the ladyfingers. Repeat layering a second time to fill the glasses. When done, spoon or pipe a dollop of the leftover whipped topping directly onto the pumpkin layer. Sprinkle with crumbled gingersnaps.