Today our guest blogger is Aimee Santos from Swellmayde, one of the best DIY blogs we know.
I have very sensitive skin, and after trying many different fragrances, I was left with irritated rashes. Because I love scents, I began to look toward alternative options. I became so elated after discovering how easy it was to create my own scents at home using organic ingredients and essential oils. They’re not only great for daily use, but are perfect for gifting to loved ones and friends.
- Essential Oils (I used Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Vanilla, Lemon and Grapefruit)
- 10ml Roll-On Glass Bottle
- Organic Jojoba Oil (or Sweet Almond Oil)
1. Start with an essential oil whose scent you love.
2. Mix with a second essential oil to create your own fragrance. Here are a few of my favorite combinations:
- 15 drops of Lavender + 15 drops of Vanilla
- 15 drops of Lavender + 10 drops of Ylang Ylang
- 15 drops of Grapefruit + 10 drops of Ylang Ylang
- 15 drops of Grapefruit + 10 drops of Lemon
3. Top off with organic jojoba oil. Place the roll-on onto the bottle, and screw on the cap. Gently shake to mix all the ingredients.