This Valentine’s Day, I decided to make homemade gifts for all of my girlfriends. I know they love to take baths as a way to decompress and relieve stress, so DIY bath bombs were the first idea that came to mind. My friends will be able to pamper themselves with a spa night at home whenever they like!
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup citric acid
- ½ cup Epsom salts
- ¾ tbsp. water
- 12 drops of essential oil (my favorites are rose and lavender)
- 1 tbsp. olive, almond, or coconut oil
- Food coloring
- Bath bomb mold
1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl with a whisk.
2. Mix liquid ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. Then, slowly stir mixed liquids into the dry ingredient bowl. Stir thoroughly with whisk.
4. Fill 2 half molds with the mixture. Be sure to pack the mixture in really well.
5. Press the half molds together firmly. Let sit for about minute inside the mold before removing. Let fully dry for 24 hours before use.
For more DIY gift ideas, click here.