In fashion, it’s all about the ’70s right now. One of my favorite pieces that can instantly give your outfit that ’70s vibe is a peasant top with a bow. For this DIY, I show you two ways to easily make a bow to add to any collared shirt. Pair it with high waisted flares or an A-line skirt and you are ready to create the look at home.
- Black fabric
- Heat ‘n Bond Hem Tape
- Measuring Tape
- 2” Black Grosgrain Ribbon
1. Cut a piece of black fabric measuring 60 x 4 inches.
2. Lay the Heat ‘n Bond Hem Tape along one side of the cut fabric (as shown).
3. Fold the other half of the fabric on top of the Heat ‘n Bond Hem Tape, then iron over it. This will glue the fabric together. Continue bonding the whole 60” length of fabric. This will create your first tie.
4. Want an even faster way to create a tie? Buy some 2” wide black grosgrain ribbon and cut a 60” piece. Use this ribbon or the fabric tie from step 3 to fasten a bow around the neckline of a collared shirt.