Ever since I interned at Nike, I geek out over products that are both beautifully designed and functional for everyday use. For this DIY, I created a tutorial for a tassel keychain with a hidden cell phone charging cord. It’s great for someone who loves fashion, is on the go, and always needs a phone charger on hand.
- A piece of suede, size 7” x 11”
- Cell phone charging cord
- Keychain clasp
- Glue gun & glue gun stick
1. Lay your 7″ x 11″ piece of suede flat out on a table. Draw a 1/2″ border along the top edge, then draw lines spaced 1/4″ apart using a ruler and pen. Cut along the lines to create your fringe.
2. Add a couple inches of glue from the gun along the interior edge of the fringed suede. Place the top of the cell phone charging cord onto the glue (as shown). Then, carefully roll the suede around the glue.
3. Add glue to the remaining top edge of the fringed suede. Then, continue rolling the suede to the edge. Let fully dry.
4. Add the keychain clasp the the ring of the cell phone cord.
To see more fashion DIYs, click here.