It’s festival season. If you’re looking forward to Coachella, Outside Lands, and more, this DIY is perfect for you. I have been spotting tassels everywhere, from bags to shoes to jewelry. Learn to make your own tassels to make your sandals music-fest ready with this tutorial.
1. Cut 1 ½” strips of leather.
2. Cut thin 1” fringe in each leather strip.
3. Cut the fringe strip into 2” pieces. And cut a 3” piece of leather cording.
4. Add adhesive to inner top edge of the fringe strip. Add the leather cording piece to the top of the fringe strip. Then, roll into a tassel. Let fully dry.
5. Tie onto the front part of the sandal.
6. Repeat step 4, to add a tassel to the other end of the leather cording. Repeat steps 3 – 5 for the other sandal.
For more festival fashion ideas, see 8 Ways to Avoid Looking Like a Basic Festival Babe and other related articles.