Today our guest blogger is Aimee Santos from Swellmayde, one of the best DIY style blogs we know.
Tassels were seen all over the spring runways, from Paul Smith to Preen. I loved how they added a playful touch to simple pieces, and I wanted to translate this trend into something I could wear every day. Here, I show you how to easily add tassels to a pair of lace-up gladiator sandals to stay on trend all through the warmer months.
- Lace-up gladiator sandals
- Faux suede fringe trim
- e6000 adhesive
- BBQ stick or wooden chopstick
- Paper plate
1. Cut a 3” piece of fringe trim. Add a small amount of e6000 adhesive to a paper plate. Then, add a dollop of adhesive to the upper part of the trim using a BBQ stick.
2. Wrap the fringe trim around the end of one of the laces.
3. Continue to wrap the trim around until it forms a tassel. Let fully dry. Repeat steps 1-3 for all ends of the laces.