Please note: the sweepstakes ended September 23, 2015. Thank you for your interest!
What’s better than one September fashion sweepstakes on eBay? Two! That’s right…in addition to the posh Saint Laurent bag you could win, we’re also giving away three $1000 eBay gift cards! Here’s the scoop.
You know that dress you wore to prom that’s hanging in its garment bag in the back of your closet? What about that pair of killer platform heels you drooled over for weeks before pulling the trigger on and then realized you kind of can’t walk in them? Each of those items holds a special memory, but no real place in your life today. Since sharing is caring, and because you could make a few bucks to invest into your next memory, why not pay it forward by selling your piece on eBay and while you’re at it, entering for a chance to win one of three $1000 eBay gift cards!
Here’s how to enter:
1. Snap a photo of the fashion item you’re selling or buying on eBay.
2. Share it on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
3. Follow eBay on whichever social network you post to.
4. Tag eBay in your post.
5. Include hashtags #wearitnext and #ebaysweeps.
We’ll be choosing one winner each week, now through September 23rd. To see the rest of our sweepstakes rules and regulations, click here or scroll down. Good luck!
EBAY #WEARITNEXT SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL RULES NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER AND WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: eBay #WearItNext Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age and older and who are physically located and reside in the United States or District of Columbia at the time of entry (“Eligible Participant”). Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of eBay Inc. (“eBay”) and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions (“eBay Entities”) (eBay and eBay Entities collectively, “Sponsor”), Sponsor’s advertising and promotion agencies, and Tenthwave Digital LLC and all others associated with the design, execution, production, development, and promotion of this Sweepstakes or are connected to this Sweepstakes in any way are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. U.S. law governs this Sweepstakes and personal jurisdiction shall exclusively be the state and federal courts located in Santa Clara, California. . The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) on September 3, 2015 and ends 11:59:59 PM PT on September 23, 2015 (the “Promotion Period”). One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded each week during the Promotion Period in a random drawing (“Weekly Drawing”) from among all eligible entries received during each respective week of the Promotion Period.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible Participants may enter the Sweepstakes in the following ways: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and via U.S. Mail.
Facebook: You may enter the Sweepstakes through the Sponsor’s Facebook platform. Go to the eBay Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/eBay and in the “Comment” section, upload an original Photograph depicting a fashion item that you purchased on eBay or a fashion item that you sold or are currently selling on eBay. Include the hashtags #WearItNext and #eBaysweeps along with your Photograph (Photograph, #WearItNext and #eBaysweeps, collectively the “Entry”). Once you post your Entry in the Comment section during the Promotion Period, you will be entered in the Sweepstakes. Limit one entry per person/Facebook ID per day. Subsequent entries submitted by the same person/Facebook ID on the same day will be void. The Photograph included in each Entry must be unique, based on Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries must be received by dates/times stated in the Weekly Entry Chart below in order to be eligible for that Weekly Drawing. If a dispute results as to the identity of a Facebook entrant, it will be determined that the online entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook ID from which the entry is made. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to a Facebook ID by Facebook.
If you choose to enter the Sweepstakes via your mobile phone, standard data fees may apply. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details.
By U. S. Mail: To enter the Sweepstakes by U. S. Mail, hand print your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, date of birth, email address (optional) and daytime telephone number on a 3” X 5” card, and mail it, in an envelope with postage affixed, to: eBay #WearItNext Sweepstakes, P. O. Box 832, Plainview, NY 11803-0832. Mail-in entries must be postmarked and received by dates stated in the Weekly Entry Chart below in order to be eligible for a Weekly Drawing. Limit one entry per outer envelope.
Entries will not be judged or scored. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged. Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, postage due, late or inaccurate are void. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete illegible, damaged, postage due or misdirected entries. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes
Entry must be in keeping with the Sponsor’s image, and may not be offensive, nor can it defame, or invade upon the publicity rights or privacy of any person or otherwise infringe upon any person or entity’s intellectual property, personal or proprietary rights, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves all rights, including the right to edit, publish, use, adapt, modify, or dispose of any entry, proper names, likenesses, and photographs for advertising and promotional purposes in all media now known or hereafter devised (including, but not limited to, the internet), worldwide, in perpetuity, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
Each Sweepstakes entrant must either (i) be the sole and exclusive owner of all rights (including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights) in and to all content and elements incorporated into or used in the Entry; or (ii) have the express written permission, satisfactory to Sponsor, to use such content and elements from the owner(s) of the rights to such content and elements. Any entrant whose Entry includes likenesses of third parties or contains content or elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, proprietary names, trademarks, or logos) must be able to provide written legal releases (in a form that is satisfactory to Sponsor) that permit the entrant to use and exploit such content and elements in the manner used and exploited and that permit Sponsor’s right to use and exploit the content and materials in accordance with these Official Rules (“IP Releases”).
By submitting a photograph, an entrant hereby acknowledges that he/she owns or has secured all rights to use, publish and copyright the photograph. An entrant may be required to provide a release to the Sponsor for the submitted photograph, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a photograph is taken by another party (Photographer), entrant must receive permission from the Photographer to submit the selected photograph in the Sweepstakes. Modifying, enhancing, retouching or altering any photographs provided in connection with this Sweepstakes from the permitted version may disqualify the Entry, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
In the event the likeness of a minor is included in an entrant’s Entry, entrant must provide a legal release from the parent/legal guardian of the minor depicted in the Entry.
SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRY THAT IS INAPPROPRIATE, OBJECTIONABLE AND/OR INCONSISTENT WITH THE POSITIVE IMAGE AND/OR GOOD WILL IT WISHES TO PROMOTE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
ALL ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL ENTRY MATERIALS SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES ARE SUBMITTED ON A NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY BASIS AND MAY BE USED BY SPONSOR, ITS AGENTS AND SUBSIDIARIES FOR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES.
For greater certainty, if it is discovered that an Eligible Participant (or any person or entity purporting to be an Eligible Participant) has attempted to: (i) obtain more than the stated number of Entries allowed during the Promotion Period; and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names, identities and/or more than one (1) email address to enter the Sweepstakes; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor), he/she may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Any Entry you submit will be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor), it is not completed and submitted during the Promotion Period. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated system to enter or otherwise disrupt this Sweepstakes is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification by the Sponsor. All Entries are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Sweepstakes. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a Weekly Drawing on or about dates stated in the Weekly Entry Chart below from among all eligible entries received by dates/times stated in the Weekly Entry Chart below. The random drawings will be conducted by Tenthwave Digital LLC, an independent judging organization, in Melville, NY. Judges’/Sponsor’s decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by electronic mail and/or overnight or U.S. mail on or about dates stated in the Weekly Entry Chart below. If a Facebook entrant is a potential winner, the potential Grand Prize winner’s name will be posted to the “Comment” thread on the eBay Facebook page on dates stated in the Weekly Entry Chart below, requesting that the potential winner send the eBay page a “Direct Message” within forty-eight (48) hours of the potential winner’s name being posted to the “Comment” thread. Once the potential winner successfully sends a “Direct Message” to the eBay page, Sponsor will respond to that message requesting potential winner’s first and last name, email address, mailing address and telephone number within forty-eight (48) hours of potential winner’s Direct Message, in order to verify the potential winner and award a Grand Prize. Non-compliance by the potential winner within this time frame or with the Official Rules, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize will be awarded to a potential alternate winner. If a Twitter entrantis a potential winner, he/she will be notified by a Twitter direct message. Twitter entrants must be following @eBay on Twitter at time of notification. If anInstagram entrant is a potential winner, he/she will be notified by Sponsor’s adding a comment from @eBay to the potential winner’s Entry on the potential winner’s Instagram account. The potential winners must respond to these notifications within forty-eight (48) hours or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. If a potential winner entered by mail, that potential winner will be notified via e-mail and/or U.S. Mail at the contact information provided in the entry.
Entries received for each Weekly Drawing will only be eligible for the week in which it was received and will not be eligible for subsequent Weekly Drawings.
WEEKLY ENTRY CHART:
|Week #||Entry via Facebook, Instagram and Twitter rec’d between 12:00:00 AM PT and 11:59:59 PM PT from:||Mail-in entry postmarked between:||Mail-in entry received by:||Drawing Date:||Winner notified on or about:|
|Week 1||9/3/15 – 9/9/15||9/3/15-9/9/15||9/16/15||9/17/15/||9/17/15|
|Week 2||9/10/15 – 9/16/15||9/10/15-9/16/15||9/23/15||9/24/15||9/24/15|
|Week 3||9/17/15 – 9/23/15||9/17/15-9/23/15||9/30/15||10/1/15||10/1/15|
Potential Grand Prize winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility/liability release and where legal, a publicity release, and Federal and State tax release, and return these documents, properly executed, via fax, within 48 hours and via U.S. Mail, within 7 days of issuance of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize will be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of a prize. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Limit one prize per person.
6. PRIZES: Three (3) Grand Prizes, one (1) awarded in each Weekly Drawing: $1,000 in eBay Gift Cards. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $1,000/each. Total ARV of all prizes: $3,000. eBay Gift Cards will be mailed to the physical address provided by the winners during prize notification within 6-8 weeks after prize notification. You must have an eBay account and PayPal account, in good standing, registered in the U.S., to redeem this Card. A prize will not be awarded to a winner with a locked, closed or restricted account. If you do not currently have a PayPal.com account, follow directions at www.PayPal.com to sign up for an account. eBay Gift Cards are valid only for purchases on eBay where PayPal is accepted. Not refundable or redeemable for cash. There is no expiration date or Card fees. Lost, stolen or damaged Cards will not be replaced. See http://giftcard.ebay.com/ns/terms.html for additional terms & conditions related to eBay Gift Cards.
All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted, except that Sponsor at its sole discretion, may substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Specifics of the prizes are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All claimed prizes will be awarded, providing there are a sufficient number of eligible entries received. If winner is 18 years of age but deemed a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian.
8. GRANT OF LICENSE: By entering, entrants grant Sponsor, its agents, subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Licensees”) a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, database rights and any other rights entrant has in the Entry, in any media now known or hereafter devised (including without limitation, the internet), without any compensation. Further, by entering, entrant grants Licensees the additional license to modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works from, and distribute the Entry (with the understanding that Licensees are under no obligation to do so), or incorporate the Entry into any form, medium or technology, including the right, at each Licensee’s sole discretion, to publish the Entry and to use the Entry for advertising and promotional purposes. Licensees shall not be required to designate entrant as the creator or author of Entry that is distributed or otherwise exploited by Licensees, or include any references to entrant on, or in connection with, any Entry that is distributed or otherwise exploited by Licensees.
9. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: Entrant represents and warrants the following: 1) that he/she is the original author and sole owner of or has obtained all necessary permissions and rights to any and all Entry materials posted, uploaded, or otherwise submitted; 2) the Entry complies with these Official Rules; 3)the Entry will not, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or intellectual rights or violate any third party rights of publicity or privacy; 4) the Entry is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; 5) the Entry material is not obscene, offensive, libelous, pornographic, threatening, abusive, contains illegal content, or is otherwise objectionable, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion; 6) the Entry would not constitute or encourage a criminal offense, or that would otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; 7) the Entry does not display any logos or trademarks not owned by the Entrant; 8) the Entry does not include any disparaging remarks relating to the Sponsor or any 3rd Party. Any Entry violating any of these representations and warranties, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be disqualified.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND TENTHWAVE DIGITAL LLC, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, FACEBOOK, INC., INSTAGRAM, INC. AND TWITTER, INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES), INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (COLLECTIVELY, “CLAIMS”), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS BROUGHT BY THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE EBAY SITE OR ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries or submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, inability to submit an entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit an Eligible Participant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Releases are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, postage-due or misdirected entries or mail. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of the Sweepstakes or modify these Official Rules at any time without notice, if in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes or for any other reason in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor may void any entries they suspect are at issue and award the prize from among all non-suspect eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who violates the rules or interferes with the Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual’s IP address and all entries from that IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, each Eligible Participant agrees to release and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the Entry.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Sweepstakes, or to amend these Official Rules, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error or any kind, or for any other reason.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Website and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Official Rules, or as a result of technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Sweepstakes as contemplated in these Official Rules.
12. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, available after October 31, 2015, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by November 30, 2015 to: eBay #WearItNext Sweepstakes Winners, P. O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
13. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125. Administrator: Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 108W, Melville, NY 11747.
©Copyright 2015 Tenthwave Digital LLC. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.