‘Tis the season to look your best! Your social calendar is full, and you’ll want to make sure you’re glowing at every event. So we assembled the following tips from our resident beauty expert—our on-set makeup artist, Lisa Marie Strutz. Here’s her best advice for a pretty, holiday-ready look!
1. Moisturize more. In winter, your skin will likely love a little more pampering. Lisa recommends the Caudalie Vinoperfect moisturizing line as one that tends to work beautifully for everyone. (Once you’re done treating your face, remember to rub any leftover on the backs of your hands to keep them soft, too!)
2. Get glowy. Lisa says the key to looking luminous is a really good base. Start with a primer by Armani or Nars, or use Laura Mercier’s Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer which has a lighter feel and a gorgeous shimmer to it.
3. Highlight here & there. Next, use Nars’ Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross on the highest part of your cheekbones and down the bridge your nose, plus a tiny bit between your brows and eyes. If highlighting is a little too much for you, you can also use Albatross as a subtly shimmery eye shadow.
4. Define your brows. A strong brow is de rigeur right now. Find an ashy color since warmer tones tend to look too red (i.e. unflattering!). Lisa recommends pencils and kits by the brow experts at Anastasia.
5. Add a pop of color! Stains and lip tars are the big idea of the moment. Lisa raves about the line called OCC since it’s super pigmented, vegan, organic, and lasts 12 hours without drying your lips! Not into the 12 hour thing? Try Nars’ new lip pencils—the matte and the satin varieties are another gorg option. (Both lines have beautiful coral shades like the one shown above!)
6. Have FUN. Holiday is the perfect time to play with your look! Every year, Dior and YSL release limited edition holiday eye palettes, featuring a handful of fabulously sparkly shades. Lisa raves that they’re always amazing—her absolute favorites—but they sell out quickly every year! So, hurry up and start your holiday makeover today!!