Calling all modern Cinderellas and die-hard romantics.
This season, your see-through accessory game is getting a major shakeup. Although we love a transparent, Prince Charming-magnet of a shoe, and have included a few of our favorites at the end of this entry, right now it’s all about the clear bag.
We spotted them on Chanel and Tibi runways last fall; they were front and center during nearly every spring fashion week street style moment; and you better believe they’ll be the hottest and fastest moving must-have piece of arm candy this spring and summer.
While we’ve already covered 8 ways to wear the PVC trend, we simply couldn’t move on without highlighting a few of the clear bags and fanny packs we’re eyeing right now.
Here’s the good news about the glassy goodies du jour:
- You’ll never have to wonder “What’s in her bag?” again.
- You’ll never have to bug your friend by asking, “Do you have any gum?” because, eyes.
- You won’t have to rummage around in your bag with the seemingly false bottom to dig out your phone.
- You’ll save $1500 on a handbag raincoat.
- You’ll get through airport security faster (Exhibit A. Exhibit B.)
And here’s the not-so-good news:
- It’s time to purge your purse. But, hey—this could be a great time to get rid of crumpled receipts, old gum wrappers, loose change, and expired gift cards, right?
- You’ll need to kick that organizationally bent resolution into high gear, because there’s nothing cute about being a transparent hot mess.
As if you needed any additional convincing, just take one look at Chanel’s spring/summer 2018 collection ad campaign. Uncle Karl himself photographed model Kaia Gerber in the original “it girl’s” apartment in Paris. #CocoChanel
Shop our 8 favorite PVC bags on eBay: